Would you be able to get over it? How about that happen a long time ago, so let it go?! I’m not racist; that was my ancestors. I don’t see color. We all are equal. The constitution is for all of us. Show your patriotism by standing and pledging allegiance to the flag.
From the beginning, this country was built on my ancestors backs. Mass prison incarceration is modern day slavery. The very laws were not created as me being equal. My people were not counted as a whole being, but 3/5! While the forefathers were talking about liberty and justice for all, my people were being used as free labor; and if they didn’t comply murdered!
So, the next time you want to tell me to get over it, or that happen a long time ago, which I have been told by White and Black people; picture this image and hush! This is my platform and I will use it to inform about issues that impact my people, me and those that empathize with our struggle.
We all know them, and may even consider some of them our friends. We have some in our families, on our jobs and we encounter these type of people in our daily lives – Negative Nellies! Negative Nellies seem to embody negativity. No matter what you say positive, they will counter with something negative.
I had a conversation with my niece yesterday, and she was excited about applying for a job in a different career field. This particular position offers more money and will require working some hours she has not previously worked. She shared her excitement with two of her friends, and her friends had only negative comments to share. The friends didn’t share anything positive or even attempt to encourage her in her quest for a different career path. She contacted me and I encouraged her.
If we are not careful Negative Nellies can drain all of our positivity, and cause us to question our choices. Eventually, we could become a member of the Negative Nelly group. What can we do to rid ourselves of Negative Nellies?
- Confront negativity – be willing to have a constructive conversation with the Negative Nellies in your life that will hopefully lead to a positive change in their negative talk.
- Use affirmations and positive quotes to assist in maintaining your positivity.
- Be willing to make the difficult decision to remove Negative Nellies from your circle.
Are you ready to remove the Negative Nellies from your life? It won’t be easy, but I believe you can do it!
I posted this on Facebook several months ago. I’m posting this on my Blog as a reminder to myself and others.
10. Lie – grown folks ain’t got no business doing that (yes, I said ain’t got no!)
9. Wear rachet clothes fashions
8. Being seen in the same club with my children! (Absolutely not)
7. Bad work attendance (seriously)
6. Blaming others for my shortcomings
5. Cheating – go sat your old tail down!
4. Facebook drama (go cap lock @ work!)
3. Stalking my man’s FB, Twitter, Instagram while sneaking in his phone while he sleep! (Private eye much!)
2. Teething (this wisdom tooth kicking my butt)
1. Play with God!