There are some folks that are just too woke and deep for their own good. When does good ol common sense kick in? When does analyzing the decisions and actions of others go to far? Quit trying to psychoanalyze every word and action. Let it go and recognize it is what it is. Some stuff is just not that deep!
Here are some mantras to remember to remove yourself from drowning in being woke and deep:
1. Everybody doesn’t have to agree with you.
2. It’s not your job to change my mind.
3. Speak your truth.
4. Every statement doesn’t require reading between the lines. Some people actually say what they mean, and mean what they say.
5. Self-inspection is free. Try it sometimes because maybe just maybe your lack of self-inspection is the real issue.
6. Quit passing your personal issues on to others. Deal with your issues!
7. Choose to place your soapbox on the shelf.
8. JUST LET IT GO!
My daughter and I were discussing politics with my granddaughter. My granddaughter wouldn’t listen to us telling her she wasn’t old enough to vote. My daughter kept messing with her until my granddaughter calmly said TCOB.
We immediately asked, “What is TCOB?” She said, “Take Care of Your Own Business.” We laughed! I asked her, “Where did you learn that?” She said, “From my teacher at school. That’s what we say when somebody is in our business.” I said, “When you say TCOB, what does the person do?” She said, “They get out of your business.”
What an awesome life lesson for a six-year-old! She’s already learning to mind her own business, while keeping people out of her business. She’s being taught how to positively communicate what could be considered negative feedback to some.
Taking Care of Your Own Business requires focus and determination. If I’m taking care of my business, I don’t have time to focus on your business.
The next time someone tries to be in your business just tell them